Sunday 18 September 2011

"I suspect it is for one’s self-interest that one looks at one’s surroundings and one’s self. This search is personally born and is indeed my reason and motive for making photographs." - 365 Project, Day 202

It may be thought that only creative people can take good photographs.  It is possible, though, that taking photographs changes the way you look at things.  I've always looked around when I walked.  I used to collect beer bottle caps, and random pieces of metal (don't ask), so my eyes have always wandered.  Not all people, though, are like that.

Perhaps taking pictures every day forces you to look around and see things you wouldn't normally look at.  It might de-center your view so you think of the world as seen by a dog, or child, or a bat.  I've certainly wondered what it's like to be my cat Tux.  I've often told myself that one day I won't do anything but follow him around, at his level, to see what his day is like.  The experience would certainly be unique and would possible change my outlook on life.

Here our outlook for the day.

Frank

His note: I could never grow indoor plants until I moved into an apartment.  This one is still hanging in there.

Shannon

Her note: Jack's new haircut.

My picture

Every time Tux walks out onto the balcony, he smells everything and looks around.  I keep wondering if he's forgotten what he's seen the last time he was there.  I've heard cats like constancy, so maybe he's just there to make sure everything is pretty much the same.  Like clockwork, after a few minutes of rubbing up against me on my balcony, he went over to the edge and looked around at the world below.  He seems generally happy.

I feel slightly better today, but tomorrow should be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment