Saturday 24 September 2011

"Photography is fun, and digital photography is more fun!" - 365 Project, Day 208

I'm not sure why this writer thought digital photography is more fun; I've heard that hardcore photographers think of developing their own film as part of the process, and they look forward very much to spending time in the darkroom dodging and burning their creations.  On a side note, film also offers a greater dodging and burning range than digital without getting noisy (or so I've heard).

I suppose digital is more fun as it gives you instant feedback, and you can adjust your pictures accordingly.  It's much easier to get the look you want and to edit pictures than with film.  It lets to make mistakes with virtually no punishments.  It lets you take more pictures to grow faster and to fine tune your pictures on the spot.  Digital photography gets you involved in photography much more and makes it easier to get the picture you want.

Our digital creations follow.

Frank

His note: The beginning of a BBQ ribs party.  Everybody brought their own ribs and everybody tried everybody else's.  Very good idea, very good ribs!

Shannon

Her note: That time of the year again and the signs of Winter have started.

Myself

I spent pretty much every waking hour today at work (don't ask), so my picture was, not surprisingly enough, very close to work.  I just saw this lady walking her two dogs and figured it would be a good picture.  It's a bit noisy, but I was pushing ISO3200 so it's not too surprising.  The picture turned out nicely enough.

Tomorrow, I can pretty much guarantee there will be no little preamble, as I'll be getting home quite late.

No comments:

Post a Comment