Thursday 22 September 2011

"Life is a movie; death is a photograph." - 365 Project, Day 206

My question, then, is this: if a picture tells a story, then is it still death?

A good picture will always have something interesting about it, though, to be fair, it does depend on the type of photography.  Landscapes tend to be pretty and awe-inspiring, portraits tend to make the subject aesthetically pleasing as much as possible, but, say, photojournalism, or documentary-style have to tell a story with a single moment.

It's true that using video is a lot easier when it comes to telling a story, but a single photograph can be a lot more powerful.

So, I didn't get Frank's email from yesterday until this morning, so I'm guessing the same thing is going to happen today.

Shannon

Her note: The lonely flipflop in the parking lot.

Pat

My note: This, believe it or not, is the most posed photograph I've had since starting this project.  I actually took the leaf and put it there for the sole reason of taking this photograph.  I had another idea, but got distracted by something shiny and forgot about it.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to mean anything, I just think it's kind of cute.

I want to be tired tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment