Saturday 3 September 2011

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." - 365 Project, Day 187

This statement is insanely simple, but blunt, but intensely incisive.  It's nothing earth-shattering in its wording or its thought, but is so very simple in its concept, it actually made me laugh when I first read it.  There's nothing about this sentence that I disagree with.

Now, here's the caveat: under certain circumstances, anything can look interesting.  The trick is to that thing look interesting.  How you do that depends on your creativity and visual acuity, but I strongly believe it can be done.  All it takes is, like I said yesterday, random looking around.

Here's what we stood in front of today.

Frank

His note: Got a new camera today.  My old one went through a clothes washer. Silly me.  This is my first photo with the new camera.

Shannon

Her note: Couldn't resist taking a pic of all these legs

Pat

I really had no real chance to take any pictures today but ended up with something semi-interesting-looking (I think).  When I took it, I saw it in black and white, and I only really chose to do it that way because I didn't want another orange-y tinged picture so soon.

If you have any suggestions for tomorrow, be sure to let me know, because I really don't know what I'll shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment