Thursday 29 September 2011

"I trust pictures, but no pictures made in my world - because I know what goes on." - 365 Project, Day 213

After taking certain pictures, I am left with the impression that I had no idea what I was doing.  It seems, on occasion, that my fingers prefer heeding my heart more than my head.  I simply soak in the scene's aesthetic appeal, while completely ignoring (and, to be fair, not really contemplating) its intellectual significance.  It then becomes a very strange expericence sorting through my pictures and naming them.  I am attracted, in some vague way, to the creations I have borne, though I cannot verbalise the reasons.

In post, the cloudiness of the attraction can, on occasion, mutate into some clarity.  Playing around with sliders and colours gives new meaning to a feeling, to a thought.  More often than not, verbalisation still does not become possible, though, thankfully, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Try writing a thousand words with these pictures.

Shannon

Her note: Another beautiful sky.

Pat

Not too sure what I was trying to do, but I somehow like the look of this picture.  I basically found a nice look to it when I was messing around with it post-production.  For some reason, I always heavily edit my cell phone pictures, though I'm not sure why.  I guess I want them to look very polished (or look heavily edited) and kind of overcompensate for the fact that it's taken on a sensor a fifth the size of your fingernail.

I'm feeling good about tomorrow.  I have to call the repair depot the explain my S95's exact problem.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment