Wednesday 7 September 2011

"I find the single most valuable tool in the darkroom is my trash can." - 365 Project, Day 191

I didn't spend the entire day outside filling up my memory cards, though I did take more pictures today than in the past 7 days combined, I believe.  It wasn't the most inspirational day but I managed to find some things to photograph.

Unfortunately, most of my pictures didn't turn out too well.  Given darkrooms, for the most part, don't exist anymore, I suppose the small 3" screen on the back of most cameras partly acts as one.  The delete button would obviously be the trashcan, and though I don't generally delete anything, if I only kept the pictures I liked, it would have been worn out a little while ago.  I think that, regardless of skill and experience, that button gets used more than anybody cares to admit.

Here's our contribution to society today.

Frank

His note: One of my Tweety place mats.

Shannon

Her note: The laces on my shoe.

My picture

I don't know why this dude was fishing in this particular river because I wouldn't want to eat anything caught in it, if there are any fish in there to begin with.  As long as it makes him happy, it can't be a bad thing.  He and his buddy looked happy just fly-fishing in this nasty river.

On a side note, I think the focusing on my 17-40mm lens is off when I'm doing it manually.  That or I have to refocus my viewfinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment