Thursday 8 September 2011

"The sheer ease with which we can produce a superficial image often leads to creative disaster." - 365 Project, Day 192

Take my picture today, for example.  It says nothing about anything, and is not particularly pretty.  It was a bland picture to begin with, and with a few swift bits of editing, it ends up this way.  Making something look slick and glossy is quite easy, and with digital, it's incredible how much time can be saved tweaking a picture.  This quote is surprising when you think Ansel Adams never lived close to the digital age.

The problem - and I fight with this every day - is trying to add some sort of meaning to a picture.  Playing with colours, cropping, adding a poignant name are all ways of helping, but without a meaningful scene, there's no way to imbue soul into the photo.

Hotmail fixed itself, so here are all the photos for today.

Frank

His note: Yup, I shop there too.

Shannon

Her note: I know these are so bad for me...but they are sooooo good.

My picture

Not sure what I was going for, but I tried making this look as pretty as I could.  I was out of it for most of the day, but I just found this a different kind of look.  At the very least, I figure desaturating the bright red of that crab apple means something, right?

I'm wondering what tomorrow will bring.  Hopefully some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment