Friday 15 April 2011

"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." - 365 Project, Day 46

Somewhat of a cheesy line, but true enough.  You see what you see because you have your own thoughts, ideas and experiences.  Some people like photographing landscapes, others buildings, others old ladies with canes.  I will never be able to emulate Dave LaChapelle, for a few reasons.  First, I don't have his connections.  Second, I don't have his creativity in photographing people.  Third, I don't have his vision.

We all see the world a bit differently, and that shows in the different photography of different people.  By the same token, I would hope that some of my better pictures show a piece of myself to the world.  I would also hope that if, say, Dave LaChapelle, would try to emulate me, he would not be able to do so.  I am somewhat full of myself like that.

Onto the distinctiveness of four different, totally unsame people.

Frank

His note: Wine glasses not quite in a row.

Mandy

Her note: Jon decided to open my toy for me, and preceded to play with it for 2 hours before work.

Shannon

Her note: Ok look at number 3.... How is beef and macaroni a Chinese Food?

Me

There's construction down the street.  I was taking a picture of the dirt dunes, but I loved the blown out sky and the rays of sunshine.  I know the subject matter isn't great, but I like the feeling.

Tomorrow was also somewhat boring, and I have a new toy to play with, so this is why my content is pathetic today.  I should be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment