Wednesday 6 April 2011

"Contrast is what makes photography interesting." - 365 Project, Day 37

Almost every day I saunter from home to work and back (though the latter happens a fair number of hours after the former).  A piece of that walk is snapped fairly occasionally.  One wonders - well, perhaps not one, but I wonder - how much of my walk will be on this site by next March.  How many bits and pieces will you be able to, well, piece together?  Which street connects to which street, and what building or tree belongs on which corner on the outskirts of other pictures?  (For example, my picture today and my picture on April 3rd or more or less the same angle, though taken at different spots with different focal lengths.)

By the same token, how much of Ottawa will be for all to see on this site after these 365 days are done?  We have four people sending in pictures, and though we relatively live all in the same quadrant of Ottawa, we usually go to different areas for work and/or play.  I may (though also may not) analyse this perhaps-observation nearer the end of January or February 2012 to see how if any part of Ottawa can be jigsawed together.

Today's pictures literally take us from sunrise to sunset, as you'll see.

Frank

His note: You know spring is here when it's time to change to summer tires.

Mandy

Bearpatty.

Shannon

Her note: As I was waiting for the bus I was blinded by the beautiful sun.

Pat

I spent way too much time at work, and by the time I left the sun was setting, as you can see.  I wanted really high contrast with everything in silhouette.  I'm happy with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment