Saturday 23 April 2011

"Photography is truth. And cinema is truth twenty-four times a second." - 365 Project, Day 54

On Friday, I helped a friend with shooting a video resume.  It was different shooting video and a great learning opportunity.  I know a fair bit about photography and, on the technical side at least, I can make a good exposure.  With video, on the other hand, I have very little experience.

 Firstly, because the video will be edited later, I had to think about framing and how cuts and overlays will be used.  Next, I had to think about making the subject look nice, and especially consider lighting with this.  Shooting indoors and shooting outdoors are very different.  Third, sound!  Fortunately, my friend rented a very nice wireless microphone, and though noise was already a concern, we had to make sure that at least she was clear and at nice volume level.

Adding time to photography is a curveball that made my day very interesting and I'll definitely enjoy doing something like this again.

This has nothing to do today's pictures, but I didn't have the staying-up power to say anything yesterday.  In any case, here are today's pictures.

Frank

His note: A pendant I wear on motorcycle rides.

Mandy

Her note: Kissies!

Shannon

Her note: Ok Pat you keep suggesting I take a pic of a door knob, I only have door handles at home... so here it is.

(Yay!  You finally did this!)

Me

The street outside my apartment is being torn up for whatever reason, but there's lots of piles of stuff around, so here is a pile or rocks.

Tomorrow is Easter.  Happy Easter.  I hope you all eat very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment