Friday 24 June 2011

"To take photographs is to hold one's breath when all faculties converge in the face of fleeing reality. It is at that moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy." - 365 Project, Day 116

Considering I probably won't be able (or want to) write something tomorrow night, I feel I should write something.  I will, but it won't be particularly insightful.  (I will say that I'll probably regret using that quote on a post like today, because it's pretty insightful, and I could probably use it to better effect later.  Oh, well, other quotes exist.)

I was walking back home tonight, in the rain, but I didn't mind.  I enjoy the night, especially when it's raining.  As far as photography goes, the streets are made fairly photogenic.  There are reflections everywhere and the colours seem to glow.  I would love to one night (though not tonight because I have to wake up in the morning) to walk around downtown, in the rain, just taking pictures.  Apart from the practicalities of trying to zoom when you're carrying an umbrella, I believe it would be a good experiences, especially on a Friday or Saturday night, when the Market is bustling with clubbers, diners and other random people.

In case you can't see the pictures today (which would be very strange considering I make sure everything works perfectly every post), you're missing an airplane, a puddle and a big hole in the road.

Frank

His note: I wanted a photo of a plane today so went to the Rockliffe Airport.  Found this intriguing Chinese plane.  Seems like an imitation of the Japanese Zero, the tail wing rail is all wrong but the rest of the body is very close.

Shannon

Her note: One of the many puddles from all that rain today.

Pat

Another typical street shot from yours truly.  A few construction workers surveying the situation and a couple of workers doing work.

I apologise in advance for not having anything interesting to say tomorrow.  I'd rather post something fairly interesting and funny, but, you know, stuff happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment