Saturday 18 June 2011

"A picture is worth a thousand words; a slide show is both." - 365 Project, Day 110

Slide shows will go a fair way in explaining various pictures and intentions, and if done right, even the view will find piecelets of entertainment in them.  It is good for both the presenter and the viewer.  However, one problem arises: what if the picture taken isn't very clear to the taker?

I quite enjoy my picture today.  It was snapped a slight bit after midnight, and I suppose I enjoy it because it somewhat (whether well or badly) represents suburban life.  This is where fuzziness enters the picture, because I'm not quite sure why it seems to represent it.  The surroundings definitely help with this feeling of out-of-city life, though this is not evident in the picture itself, given, logically enough, the surroundings are not actually in the picture.  So, in the end, perhaps this picture is special only to me, though I can't explain why it is special.

I like Shannon's picture today.  I described it as 'cute' to her.

Frank

His note: A mask my son Vinnie brought back from his trip to Korea when we visited Pat.

Shannon

Her note: Didn't have time for a pic, so I just decided to take a picture of the time

Myself

It was too late for me to be in so far away from my apartment, but it did give me a chance to shoot a lot of pictures I can't normally take.  This is a simple shot and I just like the way it looks.  Simple, but, well, suburban.

No comments:

Post a Comment