Tuesday 21 June 2011

"Of course it's all luck." - 365 Project, Day 113

A great picture doesn't come around every day and, unfortunately, for everybody.  All forms of photography need some sort of extra something to make them good.  If I'm out trying to take street shots, and nobody's walking around, then there's a problem.  If I'm trying to take a landscape and all I see is a very bright, glaring sun, then there's a problem.  To be able to take a good picture, the environment has to be agreeable, and you have to be there to capture it.

Photography is not simply being at the right time at the right place - there's still a level of skill involved - but the universe has to be helpful to you in some way, and if it won't help you with your lovelife, or a better job, or a raise, then it sure better help you with a memorable moment here and there.

Being it's the summer solstice today, I think it's fitting there are sunset pictures to show off.  Both Shannon and I had the same idea.

Frank

His note: Front entrance to [Corel founder] Michael Cowpland's house.  It was said that the house was worth $20,000,000 when it was built.  Now apparently it is only worth $14,000,000.  Poor poor Mr. Cowpland...

(Candy Spelling, widow of Aaron Spelling, must know how it feels, as well.  Her $150 million mansion sold for a meager $75 million.  I simply don't know how she'll squeak by with so little...)

Shannon

Her note: Pretty sunset.

(I concur.)

My picture

I had a picture of the moon taken in the morning, but once I saw the sunset, along with those clouds, I had to take a picture of it.  The colours were lush and the overall scenery gorgeous.  I wish I hadn't gotten the edge of the building in the top corner, but I'll make do with this picture for today.

Tomorrow, I feel a little bit street.

No comments:

Post a Comment