Thursday 23 June 2011

"Eyes like a shutter, mind like a lens." - 365 Project, Day 115

In "Understanding Media", Marshall McLuhan (apart from using a lot of complicated words) proposed that every invention Man has created has been an extension of himself.  For example, a hammer is an extension of your hand.  Satellites would be the extension of the soul, if I remember correctly.

I would wonder if the camera would be an extension of the brain, or, more accurately, an extension of pure memory.  Cameras record what we see, without alterations.  They are, after all, recording devices, without bias or context, which is why they can be so powerful and dangerous at the same time.

Here are today's pictures.

Frank

His note: My first ever attempt at painting with acrylics.  Very primitive but I enjoyed doing it.

Shannon

Her note: Storm approaching.

My picture

Another good day to stay inside and do nothing.  I did go out for a bit and liked these three gravel pyramids.  Like the Pyramids of Ottawa.

I'm not feeling tomorrow all that much, but maybe that's because I'm a bit tired right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment