Thursday 16 June 2011

"I see something special and show it to the camera. The moment is held until someone sees it. Then it is theirs." - 365 Project, Day 108

Given that my surge protector is going completely bonkers and keeps shutting down my router, I'll make this quick and kick the thing in the morning to make it work better.

Photography is a fairly personal thing.  When you take a picture, you see something through your eyes and it's your moment.  No one else has seen what you've seen and it's likely no else will.  That's why is such a compliment when someone tells you they like your picture.  It means something to them, and they see something special in it.  Whether it's the same thing you've seen or whether it strikes a particular memory or feeling in their own mind is unimportant.  What's important is there's a connection between two people, and that happens a lot less than it should.

Today's pictures are next.

Frank

His note: Went to do a load of laundry today and on my way back upstairs to my apartment I could not find my keys.  I ALWAYS lock my door (and bring my keys with me) when I go do laundry.  Didn't I feel silly when I got to my door.

Shannon

Her note: My little guy was just enjoying the sunshine.

Myself

It's not Father's Day yet, but this is dedicated to my dad for Father's Day.  I was walking around downtown and these brothers (?) looking at this bike, the younger one seemingly entranced by it.

I think tomorrow will be good, though I can't say the same about my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment