Sunday 5 June 2011

"One thing that struck me very early is that you don’t put into a photograph what’s going to come out. Or, vice versa, what comes out is not what you put in." - 365 Project, Day 97

I took a picture today (well, to be fair, I took a few picture, but there's one particular picture I'm thinking of). It looked like a picture I took a few days ago, but slightly different.  After editing the crap out of it, they didn't look the same, though they did look similar.

It seems like, because of different screens, with different settings, no picture will look the same for everybody.  Editing only, seemingly, levels out the picture for everybody, as opposed to getting it looking perfect.  That, by no means, annihilates the use of editing pictures.  Style and atmosphere still show up, and, for the most part, unless your monitor is defective, or has a very, very strange colour scheme, my picture today will always be green, the colour of all hallways, I presume.

Here are today's pics.  I have really nothing else to say about the subject.

Frank

His note: Not another tweety pic?

Shannon

Her note: Went roller blading along the [Rideau] Canal this morning.

Me

I was just goofing off with Tux in hallway outside my apartment.  I took something like this the other day and thought it looked nice.  This, needless to say, is heavily edited in every way possible.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.  I hope to have something interesting, as usual.  Actually, my goal tomorrow is to have something extremely mundane.  We'll see what that brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment