Tuesday 14 June 2011

"The magic of photography is metaphysical. What you see in the photograph isn’t what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying." - 365 Project, Day 106

Once again, I have a slight headache, though, again, I do have a small thought.  It's on the other side of the coin as yesterday's thought.

Give me two photographers.  One that likes a certain subject - say, food - and one that is indifferent, both of equal skill.  Will the photographer with a passion's photographs be more special, or show a special quality lacking from the other photographer's photos?  Not as interesting a thought, as it's less personal, but still an interesting query.

Frank

His note: I made the clock several years ago and the inukshuk was gift given to me several years ago.

Shannon

Her note: My Michael Jackson voodoo doll.

Pat

My note: I would have preferred this as a low ISO picture where you can see all the details in the paint peeling, but I realised that if I would have taken this during the day, the contrast difference would have given me a fair bit of chromatic aberrations with this camera.  I like the grainy look, though.

The next couple of days will be very relaxed.  I will promise you that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment