Wednesday 22 June 2011

"My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person." - 365 Project, Day 114

Everybody has their own idea of what it is to have a good photograph.  Depending on your view of his work, the fact that this quote is attributed to Andy Warhol may sway you one way or another to his opinion.  Personally, I've seen in-focus pictures of famous people that aren't particularly flattering for both the subject and the photographer.

Unless, of course, Mr. Warhol means studio shots, in which case, I've still seen some photos that aren't particularly flattering for both the subject and the photographer.  There are rules to follow (as I've stated more than a few times before), but a lot of it is relative.

There are no famous people in these shots, but they are nice.  Not great, but nice.

Frank

His note: Went to the Rockeries Park in Rockliffe today specifically to get a photo of the fountain.   I took maybe 20 shots of the fountain but these two cherubs (for lack of a better term) jumped out at me more than the others.  I had to get out of there quickly as it started to rain.

Shannon

Her note: As I was waiting for my dad to pick up his mustang I looked over and there was the back end of a pickup truck.

My picture

I was in the mood for street today but the weather disagreed with me and so decided to take this insanely cheesy shot of a staircase.  Eighteen floors, straight up!

I think I'll feel like street tomorrow, as well.  It'll be Thursday, so check back tomorrow to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment