Wednesday 14 December 2011

"Photography must soon become in fact what it is destined to be: the world’s hobby and the world’s helper – universal in usefulness and pleasure-giving." - 365 Project, Day 288

I haven't taken many pictures during the day recently (apart from my sojourn in Tremblant) simply because I don't usually see the sun.  I wake up before it shows its face and scuttles away before I finish work.  That may seem like a long time, but when the the sun is only around for 8 hours, it's not that long.

In any case, I like taking pictures during the evening or the night, but if a nice picture pops up during the day, then I won't miss that chance.  I wonder photographers have a preference to shoot during one time of the day or another, or if it's spread throughout the day.  Some prefer magic hour during dawn or dusk when the sun is at the right angle, but some may not want that look.  I guess it depends on what you want to shoot.

Do these reflect our penchant for any particular thing?

Frank

His note: Great birthday gift!  Thanks Pat and the family!

Shannon

Her note: He stopped to pose for his picture.

My picture

Mao seemed interested in the gifts, but probably not in the same way that my father and brother's girlfriend were.  Mao ended up getting her way and toppling them over to see what was inside them.

I will try to have a day picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment