Monday 5 December 2011

"I enjoy photography, that's why I do it. If you are taking pictures you are not enjoying, don't take them. If you are stuck behind the camera and would rather stop taking pictures and play; go play." - 365 Project, Day 280

I have a rant.  There's a house near my apartment that has simple Christmas lights.  It's nothing extravagant but it looks cute.  I wanted to take a picture of this house with a motion-blurry car riding in front of it.  I saw a car down the street so I ready my camera, point it at the house, and start taking pictures, expecting the car to come into view.  When it didn't, I was confused.  The gentleman riding the car actually stopped and asked me if he should smile.

I don't know if he was annoyed or if he was trying to be funny.  I don't care who you are, mister, and the fact that it's you driving in front of the house is of absolutely zero importance.  You have no idea how unimportant you are as a person to this shot I want to take.  The fact that there's a car driving in the shot - whoever is driving - is far more important; it makes the shot.  As I walked onward to work, I became more and more annoyed by this fellow ruining my shot.

I am so annoyed at people not doing what I want them to after I point this massive camera with a big lens in their general direction.

I suppose Frank didn't have the chance to take any picture again today (which is understandable given the weather we had) so he sent another scan of something he's taken before.

Frank

His note: Melting ice.

Shannon

Her note: These tiny hands belong to my 2 beautiful nieces.

Mine

A couple of things are evident in my picture today: a) I'm not in Tremblant anymore and b) Tremblant is nicer to photograph.  Also, it's much too early.  In any case, the morning wasn't as dark as the picture made it out to be (but it wasn't that much brighter, either), but I liked the reflection of the light in the street and the only way I could get that was to take a dark picture.  It doesn't make much of a difference, anyway, given how little people will notice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment