Monday 5 December 2011

"I've noticed in my photography that I do a lot better when I'm on vacation. I'm more relaxed and true to my own senses. I really think that's the only route to pure happiness. Letting go of rules." - 365 Project, Day 279

A change in scenery is always nice.  Ottawa has a lot of things to photograph, but it's always nice to go somewhere different.  Going down the same streets is okay, but going down different streets forces to look in different places given you don't know where interesting angles might be found.  You also find more inspiration because everything is new or different.

To be fair, it might also be frustrating because you might want to shoot something, but don't know all the nooks and crannies of the streets and surroundings to get the best angle.  It may even irk you that in a few days you won't be there to explore anymore.  However, I don't mind these feelings because everything is new and there's always the possibility of returning later on to find that perfect angle.

Frank said he didn't have the chance to take a picture so he sent me a really nice one of a sunset he took a while ago.

Frank

His note: Sunset on the Ottawa River

Shannon

Her note: December 4th and the grass is still green!

My photo

There's a lift going from the bottom of Tremblant village to the top (where the ski lifts are) and this is more or less the view there is going up.  All the windows belong to condos you can either rent or buy.  It's a very picturesque little place, but when the skiing really starts - only 2 or 3 runs were open the weekend I visited - it's impossible to walk around without getting your face smacked by someone's skis  and poles.

The next day is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment