Monday 5 December 2011

"It is best that a photographer not simply take a picture. A photographer has a responsibility to share a visual experience with others by every possible means." - 365 Project, Day 277

Something strange happened today.  Both Frank and Shannon forgot to send a picture for whatever reason.  As such, I'll do something a bit different.

Here is my picture for today:

I went to Tremblant with a few friends to relax for the weekend.  This was the view outside our condo.  We had a fun time.  The annoying thing about photographing this mountain was that there were two or three condo buildings in the way, so the only way to take a nice picture of the mountain was to put one of these condos in the foreground.

Here's what I mean when I say there were too many things in the way of the mountain.

This was the first shot I took and I kind of like it, but the bottom left corner of the condo on the left just looks weird, so I didn't pick this shot.  It's also got way too much sky, because, as I said, from our balcony, we saw too much stuff around the mountain.  Below the two condos are just streets and small parking lots.  Not very pretty.

It was kind of awkward, as well, because of the balcony we had.  There wasn't all that much space to move around.  I tried another angle first, but it was about as successful as the wide-angle shot.

You can see the roof of the condo on the bottom left, which makes it a bit awkward of you look at it.  If you don't really look at it, it looks like a snowy hill.  The trees also cut the picture in half, and though it looks better than the wide-angle shot I took, it still doesn't look as  nice as the one I eventually picked as my picture of the day.

So in the end I went with the one with the mountain on the left and the condo on the bottom right because it was the only way to put a condo and still made the shot look nice.

Here was my small lesson on composition, and it know it's different.  I keep thinking what I'll do with my blog after the 365 Project is over, and this kind of stuff is one idea I have.

In any case, onto day 278.

No comments:

Post a Comment