Sunday 15 May 2011

"A lot of people think that when you have grand scenery, such as you have in Yosemite, that photography must be easy." - 365 Project, Day 76

Yesterday, I touched on the importance of projects to do.  This 365 project is simply a year-long excuse to take pictures.  There is a goal of becoming a better photographer, but by and large I can take pictures whenever I want and not put them up.  The main purpose for my participating in this is to keep myself busy, especially in the way of photography.

As with anything, taking pictures may be a bit tiresome after a simple while, though if one has a different direction it may shake things up and encourage a surge of creativity and vitality.  For example, there are a few people I would wish to do a shoot with.  I get inspired by some and that helps me.  I also have plans when it comes to shooting.  Giving myself a rule, or direction (say, only using my 50mm lens one day, forcing myself to focus manually), forces me to think differently and perhaps view the world differently.

Today's pictures follow.  Nothing to say about them, given they're pretty self-explanatory.

Frank

His note: I worked as an office manager for over 20 years. 5 of those years were simply a joy. I wanted to go into work every day because we literally laughed all day.  Everybody was a joker. It was the best group of people ever.  One day I walked into my office and found this sign on my desk. To this day I still have no idea who put it there.  I will never forget those 5 incredible years.

Shannon

Her note: Went to the Tulip Festival today.

My picture

I was literally finalising my post today when I looked outside and saw this.  This is slightly better than the other picture I wanted to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment