Sunday 8 May 2011

"7. Be fast." - 365 Project, Day 69

Along with yesterday's idea, be fast encompasses the idea that there's nothing that can't end up in front of your camera, but that you have to be there to capture it.  With the world moving so fast around you, all you have to do with point a camera and a press a button.  The results will speak for themselves, showing life as it happens, chaos and all.

As far as the Lomo cameras go, some of the older cameras had a somewhat-slow shutter speed, and this translated into blurry pictures, which generally denote speed, or at least movement.  Combine that with the flash the cameras used, and you can get some decent tracers in the picture, given the right environment.  All this combines to show how fast the world is moving, and how fast you are to have taken a picture of it.

Today's pictures show little movement, though.  They do show, nonetheless, little objects of everyday life that some people may not pay attention to.

Frank

His note: Another one of my Tweety thingies.

(And there are a lot of those, trust me.)

Shannon

Her note: Wonder if they're watching me.

(Well, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.)

Pat

I was walking to work and saw the bright sky through the little budding shrub (or tree?).  It's a nice effect, I find, boosting the contrast and saturation amidst an extremely pale overall picture.  Hopefully it accomplishes what I wanted to show.

I have a feeling I'll be very tired.  That's either good or bad.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment