Tuesday 10 May 2011

"10. Don't worry about rules." - 365 Project, Day 71

This is a fitting end to this little sub-project within a bigger project.  Lomography, as I've stated before, in my mind seems to be anti-studio photography.  Lomographers don't seem to be too worried about lighting, framing, subject or creating the perfect picture as much as more professional photographers.  There is nothing with that, because lomography seems to be very energetic and spontaneous.  Their final rule is a perfect ending, and loosens up any kind of residual nervous energy budding lomographers (or anybody emulating/inspired by them) may have.

I've founding very refreshing leaving my 7D home for the past, well, 10 days.  Carrying my S95 around everywhere with me (which, to be fair, I always do) but using it very differently than I normally do really opened me up to new opportunities and a new eye for capture life around me.  If you ever have the chance, or desire to grow as a photographer, I definitely recommend reading up on this and trying it out.  (To be honest, not just lomography, but any photography movement would help with this wish.)

Today's pictures are fun and surprising.  Onto them now.

Frank

His note: After spending a few hours with Pat driving the car, I went for a walk through the nearby streets to see if there was anything interesting to photograph. There were many things and I did take many photos, flowers, fire hydrants, signs, etc... Just when I decided to head for home I saw something at the local gas station. Apparently early this morning a truck hit metal, knocked over the gas pump and created a spark as a man was filling his car.  The fumes ignited immediately after the truck hit and this was the result.

Shannon

Her note: Couldn't resist taking a pic of this cow vest!

Pat

I was walking around considering how nice a day it was and saw this dug out tree trunk.  I looked around and this was the best angle to capture it.  I have a picture with and without a car going through the picture, but this one seemed nicer.  I like the picture, but granted, the editing I did punched it up quite a bit.

I may or may not start using my 7D tomorrow, given I haven't used it in a little while.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment