Wednesday 4 May 2011

"3. Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it." - 365 Project, Day 65

I had a camera with me when I visited the Sphinx and the Pyramids.  I had one when I saw a sumo wrestling tournament in Tokyo.  I had one the other day when I saw a skateboarder waiting for a bus.  There were, though, more moments I didn't have one and saw a particular occurrence and wished I did.

Whether capturing the mundane, unusual or epic, life is always worth capturing.  I've always believed (and still do, if anybody so decides to ask me) that you can photograph anything, and make it into a good photography.  All it takes is the right angle, or lighting.  Lomography, then, should not be a hinderance to slow down your life when you need to take a picture.  It should be something to go along with the ride.  It should be as natural as wearing sunglasses, or shoes (which, by the way, could be a fun photo, given the right angle).  Life has a plethora of stuff to shoot, and somebody will appreciate your capturing it.

Today's pictures are of somewhat mundane things, but that doesn't make them boring.  It makes them part of life.

Frank

His note: Even if the weather isn't cooperating so far this spring, the trees have decided to bud anyway.  Good for them.

Shannon

Her note: Just happened to be walking and saw these ducks.

Pat

It's just a stop sign.  Nothing else.  Just part of shooting whatever I fancy.  I used the fisheye filter in my camera, added vignetting, boosted the saturation and added tons of grain to get this look.

I doubt tomorrow will be much more of a fancy day, but that doesn't mean it'll be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment