Monday 16 May 2011

"I didn't choose photography. Photography chose me." - 365 Project, Day 77

It has been said multiple times (most often in films that feature exotic cars and/or Michael Bay '80s toy movies) that a car chooses its owner, but can it be said about a camera?  Is there a camera that  melds itself perfectly to a particular person.  Jim Marshall had his Leicas, Annie Leibovitz has her Canons, so would I be better with something else?  My experience is somewhat limited and I haven't shot anything particularly high end, but I wonder what, say, an M9 would feel like in my hands, or a Mamiya RB67 model.  I suppose only practical experience will help with that, though I doubt I could affordably even rent a Mamiya, if I could actually find one in a shop.  I doubt it would go along my style of shooting, but I would enjoy comically lugging around a medium-format camera, trying to do street with it.

Or, I can just repeat what has been said before, and say the best camera is the one I have with me.

Today's pictures.

Frank

His note: I was driving around looking for a shot this morning and stopped in front of a house with thousands of these buds covering the street. I thought the new yellow contrasted very well with the old grey of the pavement

Shannon

Her note: This clock can make you hungry.

Pat

I didn't take too many pictures today, but I had this idea in the morning.  For the past few days, this has basically been my view when I walk around outside.

I should have more than a few pictures to choose from over the next couple of days, so there may, possibly, be variety in the types of pictures I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment