Tuesday 3 May 2011

"2. Use it any time – day and night." - 365 Project, Day 64

I suppose the purpose of purchasing a camera - any camera - is to take pictures.  Otherwise, its purpose is to either gather dead skin cells, or to be a paperweight.  Though those things do have their uses, I doubt anyone would spend more than a few dollars, if that, on them.  Cameras, on the other hand, rid your wallet (or, if this is the case, your bank account) of more than that (unless it's a bargain).

Lomographs seem to carry their camera around with them all the time and, as the title orders, forces them to press the shutter button at all hours of the day and night.  I suppose the idea is that, regardless of the number on the clock, the possibility of worthwhile photos exist.  I concur, as I always take pictures, regardless of how good or bad they are, regardless of exposure.  It gives the style a very immediate and raw energy that is, as I see it, at least, the antithesis to studio photography.

Another round of pictures today, and each are very different, which, as I've said before, I really enjoy.

Frank

His note: It was a dark, rainy and cold day. I didn't really want to go outside so I took this picture from the comfort of my parked car. I wanted the crane but funny thing: a post got in the way.

Shannon

Her note: Little blurry but this how close I am to the stage at the Bon Jovi concert.

Me


I may or may not be understanding lomography, but it's certainly interesting to try to shoot differently and break the rules that everybody espouses.

The weather today was relatively the same as yesterday's, so it made my feet kind of wet when I was walking outside.  I hope my shoes are dry tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment