Tuesday 1 March 2011

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it." - 365 Project - Day 1

While I was outside today, two things became very readily apparent to me. One, because of the nature of the project, only one picture per day can be put up. As such, a lot of very nice shots will be discarded, and they won't be able to be used another day because, well, the one picture per day thing. Other days need other pictures. Two, whittling down some of the shots to just one picture will be very, very tough on some days. I know that for myself, I didn't take too many pictures and choosing one of the last two was very annoying. We'll see how tomorrow goes.  I hope the others don't agonise as much as I do.  I suppose a third thing that will be tough will be trying to find a photography quote every day. We'll see how long that lasts.

On to the pictures. No real order other than ladies first.

Mandy


She didn't write a blurb for the picture, but I talked to her and she said that the glass is upside down and she poured some very thick honey over top of it. A few quick shots later and she couldn't pick which one she liked best, so her boyfriend chose for her. I really like this picture.

Shannon


Her note: Beautiful day looking towards Ottawa from Gatineau. Finally a clear day.

True enough.

My Picture


I was chasing down the sunset, trying to get a picture of the sun going down over a river and quickly realised that wasn't going to work, so I walked into this little park and I loved the colour of the streetlights on the show. They gave off this eerie glow. There are two lights right behind the tree in the centre of the picture.

So goes the first day.  Let me know of any questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, random whines and any other ideas that you might have.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment