Saturday 12 March 2011

"Every time someone tells me how sharp my photos are, I assume that it isn't a very interesting photograph. If it were, they would have more to say." - 365 Project, Day 12

I have no real thoughts for today, and as such, you'll be spared my meandering thoughts and vague explanations of things that everybody already know anyway.  Nor will I blather on about the weather, as I've been won't to do in the past couple of weeks.  (The main reason I will not do these things is that it's getting close to tomorrow, and I am somewhat tired.)  Instead, I'll just say I enjoyed my Saturday, had a lot of fun at my friend's baby shower, and took a lot of pictures (and a few videos), though mostly with my S95 and not my 7D.

The pictures today are pretty good, and hopefully no one will tell us how sharp they are.  Feel free to let us know what you think, though.  Feedback is always nice to read.

Frank

His note: Unfortunately my lens is not high quality but it lends itself to allow the imagination to flow.  This is obviously a small puddle on the pavement. However, if you let your imagination flow it could represent the shore of a lake...

Mandy

Her note: We are collecting these for an organization that melts them down to make wheelchairs and they caught my eye just sitting there in their bottle.  Took this pic off centre and at an odd angle to throw something different into the mix of straight-on average shots I took. It turned out to be the funkiest and overall best shot.  Goes to show stepping out of the box yields some great results.

Shannon

No note from her, but I will add a blurb.  A couple of years ago when I was visiting Montreal, one of the vending machines I saw had a, say, kind of toy, though definitely not for kids, in a vending machine.  Ottawa is a bit safer.  Here are a bunch of gum balls.

Pat

The baby shower I attended was not usual.  The baby was adopted, and so was present at the shower (which, I definitely recommend, given that it was a lot of fun).  I took a lot of pictures of said baby and his happy parents, but this is the one that struck me the most.  it was a plant in a corner with track lighting near the ceiling shining down.  It seems lonely, but I enjoy it.

I will ramble more tomorrow, as I should have more time to write something.  I should also have more inspiration.  A good night's sleep should help.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment