Tuesday 8 March 2011

"The photograph itself doesn’t interest me. I want only to capture a minute part of reality." - 365 Project, Day 8

My title quote from yesterday would appear to be more apt today.  The first thing I noticed when I finally saw all four pictures today is that everybody shot closeups.  Now I can't really explain why this happened, as it certainly wasn't planned, but, you know, given enough time, an infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters...

Again, the subject matters today were quite diverse, and I appreciate it that way.  If it were just me doing this project, I would be a bit less cautious about repeating myself from day to day, as long as there was something different between similar pictures.  However, with a group of us, diversity plays a bigger role, as we all lead different lives.  Creative types channel their creativity to capture something, perhaps obtuse, perhaps vague, perhaps creative; more down-to-earth types take the opportunity to snap a shot of whatever finds themselves in their everyday lives.  The instrument of use is also interesting to see (if you look at the EXIF data, that is, otherwise the picture is only a picture).  I find this endlessly fascinating.  One small joy I have is opening up my emails everyday to see what sort of vision I will view.  Who knew, pictures reflect the reality of the people taking them!

On with the closeups, Mr. DeMille!  (Sorry, but it had to be done.)

Frank


His note: I look at this thing every morning and sometimes I wonder why some people don't use it!

Mandy


Her note: My rabbit Burberry is the model for today's photo. I shot a bunch of cutesy photos but this one caught my eye for its modern look. He earned his modelling fee snacks well.

Shannon


Her note: My coworker walked into the bathroom door and she wasn't even drunk.

Me


Given it has snowed a fair bit in the past week, salt has been strewn about here and there.  Outside my apartment building, the sidewalk is littered with this blue/greenish salt.  The patterns and texture caught my eye.

I wonder if tomorrow will reveal the opposite: everybody taking landscape shots.  Somehow I doubt it, but we shall see.  Until March 9th!

No comments:

Post a Comment