Friday 18 March 2011

"I love photography. My boyfriend's got a great camera, which I bought for his birthday." - 365 Project, Day 18

Now, don't ask me where the inspiration came from, but (and as strange as it may seem) I had a thought.  What happens when two photographers marry?  This query may not seem so insane, but ponder the ramifications of this for a moment or two.  Photographers, enjoying photography, probably have a higher percentage of friends that enjoy photography than people who don't enjoy photography.  Also consider work acquaintances that may be invited to the prestigious day.  (Also consider the invitees who's penchant for photography is unknown, but who also enjoy snapping the occasional shot.)  Perhaps even many family members may enjoy the craft (or not, but it doesn't matter too much at this point).

Will the bride and groom even bother hiring a photographer for this day of days, given how many D3s's, 5D Mark IIs and perhaps even a P65 or two, might be present?  Or will they resent the presence of a camera, being so tired of them because it's their livelihood, and ban them from the ceremony altogether, forgoing even the thought of a pixel within the vicinity?  Or perhaps they themselves will whip out their favorite compact and prefer being behind the camera even on this special occasion?

The answers to these questions are, well, unknown at this time.  As such, let's move on to today's pictures.  Interesting compositions in all of them make this a nice batch.  I'm thinking that one day we'll pick a theme and see if we can all submit a picture of that theme.  We'll see, but for now, here are the pictures.

Frank

His note: I built a lamp to give me light for reading in my favourite chair.... before neon bulbs became the norm.

Mandy

Her note: On the same day, there was a magnitude 4.3 earthquake that shook us here in Ottawa and a local hardware store caught fire.  The store burned to the ground, destroying many business alongside of it. I spotted two large windows that had been shattered and I focused right in the middle. The reflection off the shards really captured my eye and I really like this photo.

Shannon

Her note: The sunrise caught my eye this morning as I was going to work.

Pat

It was very tough choosing what picture to put up today.  I had two pictures I really liked, but I chose this one because of the composition.  I would have preferred getting slightly different framing (such as having the sign a bit more to the left of the picture) but it was a bit windy and I couldn't really see the screen given how close to the ground it was.  In the picture, a temporary stop sign fell over to reveal its underneath.  I liked the way it looked under the street lamp.

Under the wire again.  It's about 5 minutes away from the 19th.  Tomorrow, the pictures should come in a bit earlier, depending on whether I decide to go walking around my neighborhood or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment