Saturday 19 March 2011

"The best camera is the one you have with you." - 365 Project, Day 19

True enough, whatever you have with you is the most ideal instrument of capturing the particular moment.  Would that I could, I would have my 7D perpetually strapped to my hip (or, as I've said previously, walk around with an M9 around my neck, were I the owner of such).  For reasons that should be self-evident (mostly something along the lines of looking like a complete tool), I choose to forgo such a strategy.  However, and at the risk of crossing the creepy/bizarre line, I have my S95 with me at all times.  I never know when an opportunity for an interesting (or more frequently, not-so-interesting) picture will show itself.  Though this is not the best camera around (and arguably not the best compact camera around), I am, quite often, able to get exactly, or almost exactly, the snapshot I want.  Any fault in the picture is utterly and completely my own (as evidenced by my picture today).  In terms of composition, angles and colour, I enjoy it (and even the funny Canon white balance I find appropriate for this picture).  In terms of clarity and detail, well, I shall deftly skip that part and segue into today's pictures.  Look over there!  Photos!

For some reason, I particularly enjoy today's pictures.  They show little things in life that people see every day, but that most people don't notice (except, of course, perhaps that buggy picture).  Though their subject matter is pretty bland, they all look pretty interesting.

Frank

His note: Sitting in the dentist's chair waiting for a teeth cleaning, I saw all her tools of the trade neatly lined up.  I thought it would make an interesting pattern.

Mandy

Her note: Apple loves to sit on the steps and look out onto her yard. Usually done in between squirrel chasing.

Shannon

Her note: As I was heading out a horse and buggy pulled out in front of me.

Myself

Forgive the blurriness of the picture but I had to use a ridiculous shutter speed handheld on this dark road.  I wanted to get the line of streetlamps down the middle, but I found this angle with the cars on the side a bit more interesting.

Another day gone, another four pictures up.  Tomorrow is Sunday and I honestly, and quite justifiably, have no idea what it will bring.  Let's go headlong into Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment