Wednesday 9 March 2011

"What happens inside your mind can happen inside a camera!" - 365 Project, Day 9

As you'll see below, winter has decided to grace us with slightly more precipitation.  It seems to be akin to that talkative person on the bus sitting next to you; always looking at you, trying to engage you in conversation, but all you want is for them to shut the (thing) up.  I know I've talked about the weather a lot, but that's only because it's preventing me from exploring my city with my new toy.  I've had my current camera for two months (almost to the day) yet I've only taken it outside with the intention of photographing twice (and one of those days was quite damp).

Now, looking towards that silver line in the clouds, I will say that, in the snow, Ottawa is quite picturesque.  (Not to mean it's ugly in the summer, but you understand my meaning.)  Visiting a park with unblemished snow is very nice, and pictures come easy when the sunset colours decide to show.  One problem rearing its head towards me is that I've already walked around Ottawa (snowy and otherwise, for that matter), and taken, let's say, more than one picture in this city.  I am trying, quite annoyingly, not to repeat a picture I've already taken.  I've taken some relatively decent photos in parts of this city (though, to be fair, I've also taken a might number of undecent photos, as well).  I keep trying to find something new, much to my dismay, thanks to this weather.  I  suppose, in reaction, I've given a finger to this snowstorm by photographing it front and centre.  I mean, why don't I just take a picture of some random snowbank every day until winter comes to an end?  Hmmm... I'll ponder that.

I enjoy the pictures today.  They show some nice framing or some nice creativity.

Frank


His note: I really had no idea what to do for today's photo until I started playing with Corel Draw and a handful of incense.

Mandy


This is Mandy doing the Andy Warhol thing, or so it looks like.  She's wearing an "I Shoot RAW" shirt, sold by a favorite photographer of ours.

Shannon


Her note: Lemon Ice Water.  This was taken at lunch and the lemon was reflecting in the ice.

Pat


The snow keeps piling up.  This was a long exposure (20 seconds), with ISO 100 and aperture of f20.  I really wanted the snow to blur out some of the scenery but it didn't turn out the way intended.  I still really enjoy this picture.  The colours, by the way, are pretty accurate to what I was seeing from my balcony.

Tomorrow, I will be back with non-snow related discussions, I promise.  I will try very hard to think (and write about something else).

No comments:

Post a Comment