Sunday 13 March 2011

"Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph." - 365 Project, Day 13

I've found that since beginning this project almost a fortnight ago, my eyes have been wandering more so than usual.  I've been taking a lot more pictures that I usually do, and though their quality probably doesn't surpass my previous output, I've been having a nice time looking for interesting angles and fun compositions.  I seem to find inspiration everywhere, which is strange.  A puddle of water can seem interesting, or a piece of string.  Though only 365 pictures will make it onto this blog (as part of this project, in any case), there are many more than that in my camera.  Some I take knowing full well they will never show up here, as they're not intended for this blog (and get your minds out of the gutter, it's not like that), but I do look around whenever I can, hoping that I will find the perfect picture to post.

I understand now why this is designed to make you grow as a photographer.  I am liking this greatly.  It also seems the others are enjoy it at, as well, and are looking around for interesting things to shoot.  Today's pictures show this, I believe.  Finding inspiration in little things is what a photographer's life is made of.

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody know a very good photography podcast?  I've heard a few, but no consistent, quality one.  Photography.ca's are too brief for my liking, and prophotoshow.com's don't have any consistency in when they're released.  Tips from the Top floor is the most consistent one, but I would prefer something not from the twit.tv network (and I won't go into any more detail about).  Let me know if you know of a good one, or I'm going to have to start my own and I don't think anybody wants that to happen.

As for today's pictures, here we go!

Frank

His note: What rhymes with orange...?  How about... orange?

Mandy

Her note: Spring is peeking around the corner of winter at us as though it's shy to take the last step into the room. That being said I took to the back yard with my camera and sat in waiting. To my surprise this brave little chickadee, against the tweets of his peers, disregarded the human sitting a couple feet from the feeder, and got down to some nice peanuts in the feeder. Not to mention a very nice portrait of himself.

Shannon

Her note: Hope this pic is appropriate.

Well, I think it may very well insult stupid people, so I'd be careful.

Pat

There was a soirée of sorts at my work today, and I left late enough.  In the parking lot, I looked up and saw the moon.  A few exposure tweaks later (not very obvious taking a picture of the moon in the night) and this turned out nice enough.  Still a bit soft, but I don't it'll get much better with the equipment I'm using.

Tomorrow should find more pictures here.  In fact, I'll go one further and bet you anything you'll find more pictures here tomorrow.  Til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment