Tuesday 24 January 2012

"When someone sees me with a camera that weights almost ten pounds, he assumes immediately that I’m a serious photographer." - 365 Project, Day 328

I've been wondering how important it is to know your peers.  I, for example, don't know all that many photographers.  The big ones - Ansel Adams, Henry Cartier-Bresson - everybody knows, but I don't know all that many contemporary ones.  Oh, I've learned a few names finding random quotes for my posts, but I'm generally not familiar with their work.

Is that good or bad?  I see it as I just want to take pictures, regardless of what other people are doing.  However, generally if anybody speaks with any kind of authority, and wants to command respect, they need to know what they're talking about, and to do that, they need to know what's going on in their own field.  I'm happy doing my own thing.

Here are our photographs, regardless of what other people did today.

Frank

His note: A little trinket.

Pat

I tried to bring out the footprints in the scene as much as possible, but they're still not obviously there.  It fits in well with the shot I wanted.  It's been quite cold in the past week, and whoever walked through this river was definitely having a cold trek.  It's also somewhat unusual to see someone walking down this river because it doesn't access anything useful, and it's not the easiest river to get onto, unless you're pretty far away from what I was.

In any case, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment