Thursday 12 January 2012

"The only thing wrong with the camera is that it doesn't walk by itself." - 365 Project, Day 317

I was a watching a tutorial video today and the guy was talking about the most important buttons on your camera.  Changing shutter speed, aperture and ISO was definitely a priority, as was quickly changing metering exposure type and focusing type.  This video was directed at people who want to learn photography, but that somehow don't really want to learn how their camera works.

This comes down to basically knowing your camera.  I find it funny when people ask me which camera is easy to use.  They're all easy to use; they all have an auto mode.  If you don't want to use the auto mode, then you'll learn how to get to the functions you want to get to quickly and you'll be comfortable using it.  I don't know if people understand the more complicated a camera is, then generally you'll get better picture quality.  The simpler the camera, the less there is to it, and the simpler the software and thus metering and focusing systems.

I'm getting off topic, so I'll just move on to the pictures for today.

Frank

His note: Very old and large goldfish has lost its colour.

Shannon

Her note: One of my dad's antique Coca Cola trucks.

My shot

I really didn't want to post something pretty much exactly like I did yesterday but this is a nice picture and really pops with some slight editing.  It's nice to know that I wake up after the sun comes up again.  It hasn't happened since late November, I believe.  In any case, I love the 24mm wide-angle equivalent of the S100. it really creates these dramatic looks on simple photos.

I think tomorrow will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment