Saturday 7 January 2012

"When gifts are given to me through my camera, I accept them graciously." - 365 Project, Day 313

I woke up this morning with the Canon S100 in my head, which probably means I was dreaming about this camera.  When do you know you're obsessed with something?

I was looking forward to this camera, but I was more excited about getting my X10.  I suppose I'm curious to see how the new CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5 processor work together on this little boy.

As soon as I got this camera, what did I do?  I boosted the ISO to 6400 and started taking pictures.  You'll see one of the results underneath, and I'll go into more depth later on in the same way as the X10.

Here are contribution to the day.

Frank

His note: One of my first acrylic paintings.  I still need work.

Shannon

Her note: I like my socks.

My shot

This isn't all that interesting because I wanted to test out the ISO performance of this camera.  It seems pretty impressive.  I have nothing to say about the picture, really, though, so I'll just let it speak for itself.  This is a straight conversion from the RAW file without any kind of tweaking whatsoever, to give you guys an idea of the colour reproduction, dynamic range and noise performance as is in camera.  This was shot as ISO6400, f/2 and at 1/30th of a second.

I should have something more interesting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment