Sunday 1 January 2012

"Upgrade your knowledge before you upgrade your camera." - 365 Project, Day 305

I was at a family party tonight, and I'm not the only one that had a camera.  A couple of my uncles enjoy photography as well, but I'm more of an enthusiast/maniac than them.  It's funny that the thing they both wanted out of their cameras (or new cameras that they want to buy) is very little shutter lag.  I find this somewhat funny because one of the cameras has a manual mode, and had a great lens attached to it.  To be fair, both cameras were getting old and even on fully manual settings would have probably been a bit slow, as well.

In any case, here's the picture I got out of this night.

Frank

His note: The snow balls on the top of this branches made me think of cotton balls.

Shannon

Her note: It's a little blurry but he moved.  You can put anything on my brother's dog and he won't move.

Myself

This lone candle didn't really stay there for long, as one of the younger family members almost knocked it over. I would have enjoyed seeing a flame in there, but I still like the shot.  I also find it pretty impressive that the foreground and background are both slightly blurry, even though this was shot on a compact camera.

Onto tomorrow, which should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment