Thursday 5 January 2012

"Contentment is never easy especially when comparisons can be made to other cameras." - 365 Project, Day 310

I always say I want a Leica camera with a Noctilux lens.  This, though, is my dream gear.  There's no comparing a full-frame $7000 monster like Leica to a $600 Fujifilm camera.  However, I am insanely happy with the results I'm getting with the X10.  I have a Canon S100 on the way, and together with my 7D, I'm setup for the next little while.  These may not even come close to the clarity and detail that Leica can achieve, but they suit my purposes perfectly; they each have their own reason for my wanting them.

Here's what we shot today.

Frank

His note: Underneath this blanket of snow is a pool.  I would not want to go swimming today!

My shot

Tux enjoys rummaging through boxes and things.  He seems to somewhat enjoy some cereal, which which is what he was digging for here.  I don't really care it's out of focus - in fact, I like it that way.  It goes with the exposure and look I wanted to get.  I purposely wanted this to be very overexposed.  I was trying to get another shot of him against my balcony door, but I'll settle for this.

Onto tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment