Thursday 3 March 2011

"I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help." - 365 Project, Day 3

Once again, we were locked inside our places of work and life, as the temperature laughed in the face of impending spring.  I will say we gladly stayed inside, as well, as there's no real incentive to go out in -20C weather, even if timbits are the ultimate reward.  Perhaps as a reaction to this, a couple of the pictures show something you don't usually see in the winter.

Walking around, there are many everyday, bland bits and pieces of scenery, such as streets, cars and the like.  However, sometimes there will be a ray of light hitting an object, or something creating and interesting angle, or shape.  I've heard life is in these details and in these little moments.  Whether this be true or not, I suppose depends on your outlook.  I know some people (that shall remain nameless) that seem to always miss the forest for the trees, and/or vice-versa.  Somehow I doubt these find interest in little things of this nature.

In any case, my headache is getting the better of me.  In my Facebook feed today someone wrote "patience is a virtue," to which I answered, "maybe but patience is boring."  With that, the pictures for today.

Frank


His note: Either nobody is listening or nobody is shopping...

Mandy



Her note: Rusted and old, I thought this bike looked really interesting.  Its stories frozen in time along with its wheels in the snow.

She said the pictures go together, so they're both here.

Shannon


Shannon said I was in charge of the blurb for her picture, and I will only say that I hope this person was riding with the wind and not against it.

Pat


My cat Tux and I were just chilling on the couch and I decided to take a picture of his paws.  For the past few days I've been obsessed with getting a really nice picture of his paw, but without a macro lens this is probably what I'll have to be content with.  I chose this one because he stretched and liked the fact that his paws were crossed like that.

Day three has come and gone.  We'll see what day four brings.  Assuming my brain doesn't throb through my skull, I will see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon and I had the same idea looks like lol. Aswell....you know that pic of Tux's paws made me melt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised at both your pictures, also. It's indicative of something, I think.

    ReplyDelete