Saturday 18 April 2015

The First Day

Inevitably, in the same way that there is a last tolerable day where photography is able to be done, there comes a day where the cold temperatures break and it's again possible to walk outside and take photos without fear of your fingers falling off.

L1002339

I remember a few years back (4, to be specific), I got so tired of not being able to take pictures, that I walked outside the first day it was relatively warm.  As I remember it, I walked around for about two hours, in massive amounts of rain/sleet, in massive amounts of slush (as it was just over freezing).  When I got back home, there was no piece of clothing that was dry and took a long, warm shower as soon as I could.  As much as I dislike being uncomfortable when I take photos, I really enjoyed walking around that day.  It was shooting in conditions I'd never shot in before (or, to be fair, since).

L1002332

This year, the first actual nice day of shooting was April 3rd.  I walked around for some 5 hours and got a sunburn on my face.  It was a very nice day, being sunny and around 15 Celcius, and the Market was pretty busy.  It was a bit strange getting back getting in the swing of things and trying to take pictures of random people.  I've been in the Market a few times since then and I'm getting back into the groove of things.  Getting back to my Leica is a bit weird, after not really touching while the weather was freezing.

L1002319

All the shots in this post today were taken on that day, and, like I said, a few were nice.  My Flickr page has a few extra ones.  I took a few shots I was happy with, but I have to get into my photography mindset.  Already this year, there are a few shots I wish I'd taken.  I am getting better at this, though.  A few times after I walked past a nice shot and wished I'd taken a shot, I've walked back to try and get what I wanted.  Unfortunately, in some instances I've missed the shots, but such is the case with such a transitory type of photography.  I will definitely try to not think about repercussions and shoot before thinking about it this year.

L1002322

That is my goal for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment