Monday 4 August 2014

Dreams

This year marks Leica's 165th anniversary, and the 60th anniversary of the M system. Leica gas also been my dream camera since I've known photography in any capacity. To celebrate these milestones, I decided to buy a Leica. (Well, that's not really why, but I'll go with that because it makes me seem more debonair and sophisticated than I really am.)

Without getting into too many details, I was lucky enough to purchase my dream camera and lens back in April of this year: the Leica M (Type 240), with the Noctilux 50mm f/0.95.  I am in no way able to afford this on my salary, and I may go into details on how this purchase was funded later on, but for now, just the fact that I have this camera should be enough.

I may do a review of it later on, but because there are enough good reviews from other people already, I don't know if I have anything else to add.  I may do a mini-review later, then - something simple to start off another post.  Suffice to say that I am incredibly happy with this toy and if you have the opportunity to play with one, jump on the chance.  It was a massive gamble on whether I'd actually like it or not (given I had never played with a rangefinder before), but I have zero regrets about the purchase.

In any case, one thing I didn't see is an unboxing video of this camera.  So, the point of this short post, is to put up my unboxing video.  It's short and awkward, and I had a beard back then.  However, you get to see exactly what's in the box.  I have a video of the Noctilux somewhere in my hard drives, so once I find it an upload it, I will probably post a link of that, as well.

For now, enjoy this video!


No comments:

Post a Comment