Wednesday 29 June 2011

"I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything." - 365 Project, Day 121

There is a rather strange subculture outside internetland (though they enjoy showing their exploits on such), that enjoys the spreading of various media showing what happens when their Nikons are thrust into extreme situations.  These generous photojournalists/photo enthusiasts are nice enough to display what happens when all sort of D90s, D700s, D3s and D3s's encounter snow, sleet, mud and what-have-you.  None of that, mind you, seem to affect how well these cameras perform.

Canon owners seem, in contrast, to enjoy showing what happens when their gear is broken into several million tiny pieces, especially their lenses.  Pictures and videos of broken L glass of varying worth are not uncommon, and goes to show you how unique Canon owners are to Nikon owners.  Or something of the sort.

None of this has anything to do with the pictures taken today, other than the fact that the day was rather cool comparatively, at least to the past few weeks.  Not that going outside today would be considered Canon abuse, but it made me remember all these videos I've seen.

Frank

His note: Stopped by the Parkdale Market today.  It wasn't a particularly nice day, it was raining.  But I like this market, fresh fruits and veggies galore (and garlic)!

Shannon

This is what, I imagine, Yoshi looks like if you play any of the Mario games in France.

Myself

It was just that type of day today.  I don't particularly like showing pictures of my cat unless it's highly stylised, but the weather today was pretty much coughing in my face, so I decided to avoid it like I'd avoid something who would, well, cough in my face.

Hopefully tomorrow will be slightly nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment